GigaPan by Richard T. Bryant
The "Eagle's Nest" rock face near Jubbah, Saudi Arabia, reveals many examples of rock art, some thousands of years old. The 1.1 gigapixel panorama is composed of 176 individual photographs stitched together.
To explore this GigaPan, which requires Flash, use the controls located at the left of the image, or use your keyboard's arrow keys to navigate left or right and the plus and minus keys to zoom in and out. Click "View All" to see the entire image.
To see user-created notes and snapshots for this panorama, visit the GigaPan site.
GigaPan: Rock Art
A new species of dinosaur-era reptile is rewriting the books on the evolution of so-called sea monsters, a new study claims.
The world's highest peak has been shedding snow and ice for the past 50 years, possibly due in part to global warming, new research shows.
Detailed scans capture transformation.
Celebrating 125 Years
Connect With Nat Geo
Special Ad Section
Shop National Geographic
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- Stichting Rootbox: Sustainable Design Through Collaboration, With or Without Wind Turbine
- Turkey’s Celal Bayar Still Sun-Powered, With Smaller Panels
- Hungary’s Kecskemét College: Boosting Power, But Keeping Light
- Aston University Plies the Power of Wood
- Universidad Ceu Cardenal Herrera Takes Inspiration From Nature