The newly identified hot-pink slug is just one of nature's rosy critters—check out a pink hippo, grasshopper, and more.
On our radar today: An ancient mural tomb has been uncovered in China, farmed fish overtakes farmed beef for first time in history, and ...
When the sun never sets, the circadian clocks in four species of Arctic birds gohaywire.
A new cheetah-cub robot is just the latest in a mechanical menagerie of animal-inspired robots that climb, fly, swim, and slither.
DNA Solves Mystery of Why Snowflake Was So White
Half of NASA's newest astronaut recruits are women, but that wasn't always the case.
New York City amps up food recycling, while San Francisco shows the way.
Filmmaker Anna Possberg talks about braving the Arctic elements to document the northern lights.
Google's Loon Project is the latest attempt to use balloons floating in the stratosphere to bring Internet access to remote places.
The country's decision was inspired by a National Geographic magazine exposé on the illegal ivory trade.
National Geographic News
- Rare Video of Giant Oarfish
- 5 Sky Events This Week
- Environmental Murder Mystery
- Missing Nazi Diary Recovered
- Mammals Stay Positive When Diving
- Pink Grasshopper Caught on Camera
- Microbes 'Poop Out' a Gas Alternative?
- Snow Leopards Caught on Camera
- Languages Influenced by Altitude
- Why Jonathan Franzen Loves Birds
Celebrating 125 Years
Connect With Nat Geo
Special Ad Section
Shop National Geographic
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- Study Says: Hey, You, Get Onto the Cloud (It Saves Energy)
- Who Will Swelter This Summer? The Pressures on the Nation’s Power Grid
- Tar Sands Tour: Boomtown, Scarecrows, and Spin; “We Have Met the Enemy, and He is Us”
- Climate Change: China, U.S. Bring Toy Fire Truck to Seven-Alarm Fire
- Student Infographic Contest Paints Bright Picture of Youth Concern on Energy and Climate
NG's new Change the Course campaign launches.
Future of Fish is helping fishermen improve their bottom line while better managing stocks for the future.
The Change Reaction blog investigates in California.