When the sun never sets, the circadian clocks in four species of Arctic birds gohaywire.
New York City amps up food recycling, while San Francisco shows the way.
Filmmaker Anna Possberg talks about braving the Arctic elements to document the northern lights.
Google's Loon Project is the latest attempt to use balloons floating in the stratosphere to bring Internet access to remote places.
The country's decision was inspired by a National Geographic magazine exposé on the illegal ivory trade.
On our radar today: An exotic new form of matter has been discovered, Europe and America may collide in 220 million years, and...
Run current through engineered microorganisms, and they produce gasoline substitute. Can electrofuels make it from lab to market?
Scientists have restored a 200-year-old opera using special x-ray technologies, leading to questions about other possible uses.
Archaeologists in Mexico City have identified more than 400 species of animals among offerings to Aztec gods.
It's not just about the trees—what's fueling the protests in Turkey?
National Geographic News
- Rare Video of Giant Oarfish
- 5 Sky Events This Week
- Environmental Murder Mystery
- Missing Nazi Diary Recovered
- Mammals Stay Positive When Diving
- Pink Grasshopper Caught on Camera
- Microbes 'Poop Out' a Gas Alternative?
- Snow Leopards Caught on Camera
- Languages Influenced by Altitude
- Why Jonathan Franzen Loves Birds
Celebrating 125 Years
Connect With Nat Geo
Special Ad Section
Shop National Geographic
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- Study Says: Hey, You, Get Onto the Cloud (It Saves Energy)
- Who Will Swelter This Summer? The Pressures on the Nation’s Power Grid
- Tar Sands Tour: Boomtown, Scarecrows, and Spin; “We Have Met the Enemy, and He is Us”
- Climate Change: China, U.S. Bring Toy Fire Truck to Seven-Alarm Fire
- Student Infographic Contest Paints Bright Picture of Youth Concern on Energy and Climate
NG's new Change the Course campaign launches.
Future of Fish is helping fishermen improve their bottom line while better managing stocks for the future.
The Change Reaction blog investigates in California.