In March 2004 seven eastern European countries joined NATO, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Of these new NATO members, name the one that borders the Russian oblast of Kaliningrad. (Answer: Lithuania).
Khark island is an important oil export terminal in the Persian Gulf. This island belongs to what country? (Answer: Iran).
- 2002 Geographic Bee Champ: Michigan Ten-Year-Old
- Ten Students Advance to National Geographic Bee Finals
- Why Do Boys Do Better Than Girls in the "Geo Bee"?
- National Geographic Bee Moves to State Level
- National Geographic Bee: State Winners Advance
- Washington State Eighth Grader Wins 2003 National Geographic Bee
Peshawar, a city in the North-West Frontier Province of Pakistan, has had strategic importance for centuries because of its location near what historic pass? (Answer: Khyber Pass).
With this sure display of geographic knowledge, Wojtanik clinched his championship title and wowed onlookers and Geographic staff alike.
"[The Bee is] the only day that we [National Geographic employees] enjoy being humble when it comes to the knowledge of others in the realm of geography," remarked Fahey.
SOURCES AND RELATED WEB SITES